Rules and Regulations
Please read the race regulations carefully. You will find important information and tools to know how to proceed before, during and after the event.
Please make sure you read and understand the Race Rules before the start of the event.
Download the rules and regulations:
Fair Play & Rider Commitment
We believe that every rider should play a role in keeping other riders, supporters, staff, volunteers and spectators safe at the races.
As a rider looking out for my safety and the safety of others:
- Treat each others with respect. Help each other out when in need.
- Avoid spitting or expelling any other bodily fluids near other riders, supporters, staff, volunteers or spectators.
- Give yourself and others space! Keep a distance of >1.5 m from others.
- Let others know when passing. Verbalize your intention to pass if it is safe to do so. An overtaking manoeuvre should not be forced – please be polite and considerate.
- Let faster riders pass. Don’t hinder another from overtaking.
- Effectively utilize service stations .Touch only what you take. Minimize time spent standing at the nutrition table allowing safe access for others. Minimize touchpoints and interactions with other riders and volunteers.
- Encourage friends and family to spectate safely in low-density zones, observe physical distancing and to stay home if they are sick or feeling unwell.
Riders participate in the 4Islands MTB Croatia to satisfy their thirst for adventure and the team camaraderie. Of course, the race is challenging and demanding and to reduce the risk of serious accidents, all participants must acknowledge the following Rider etiquette:
- Consider the safety of others. Adhere to best practices to protect others.
- Respect the host community. You are their guest during race week and please act like it.
- Thank the volunteers. They are out here to help you achieve your dreams.
- Pay attention to instructions from race officials.
- Celebrate with others in a no-touch manner. Practice virtual fist-bumps.
- No littering! Properly dispose all rubbish.